The "Cave Bear's conservative dictionary" defines an "Upstateer" - (up-stay-teer) as a rural or suburban resident north of the Tappan Zee bridge that tends to lean to the right (politically speaking).
- We might even have more than a few "deplorables" in our ranks.
- We own guns and believe that the "Safe Act" is only safe for the criminals.
- We probably listen to Country Radio (Sirius/xm The Highway) in our SUVs on the morning commute.
- We wear cowboy boots and have horses....
- We hate too much traffic that we blame on downstaters moving up here.
- We know the difference between a porcupine and a beaver (long story for next post)
- We are used to deer on our lawns and odds are we eat venison.
- We think our governor is from another planet and we hope he is recalled soon.
- We pay too much taxes.
- We love Preet Bhahara and how is cleaning up our state government.
- We don't want NY City as part of the state, give it to 'jersey.
- We knew that Trump was going to be the next President of the USA.
- Oh yea, we love fishing.....
I'm turning that into a bumper sticker...