NYPD Police Officer Miosotis Familia was shot in the back of the head while sitting in a police car. She spent 12 years on the force doing what she loved best while raising 3 children. She was shot for being a cop. 67 law enforcement officers have been killed so far this year. 50,000 more will be assaulted this year. From California to New York over 200,000 men and women wear a shield and the prerequisites to do this have changed immensely.
What is required in most states to become a cop:
- A desire to want to help your community.
- NO criminal history and good driving record.
- A high school diploma and a college degree.
- Pass a civil service exam ( and score high enough to be reachable).
- Pass the physical agility test.
- Pass the medical physical and drug test.
- Take an oath of office.
- 6-8 months of basic police training.
- 1 year of probation and mentoring.
- Wear a camera that only proves you were telling the truth.
- There are some bad apples in every profession and are dealt within policy and law.
- Once cleared by internal affairs no one should indicted and tried to appease the "morally outraged".
- People should know the facts before trial by social networking.
- Criminals looking to assault a cop because the "urban" culture embraces violence.
- Community activists without a clue. Also known as "politicians".
- Hate groups (and they know who they are) which includes some high-profile "religious" leaders.
- Politicians with no understanding of what it takes to be torn from two sides after you defend your life or another's. They can't hold a real job and there should be the conversation about 2 term limits.
- Judicial activists that don't think that the crime the defendant committed was all that bad and lets the felon out on their own reconnaissance for the third time only to have that felon kill someone's child.
- Sanctuary cities. Immigration Laws are just that, laws. Civil leaders, elected or appointed that don't comply should be federally prosecuted for violating those laws.
- Stop blaming guns. Laws like the "Safe Act" only create criminals out of law-abiding citizens. Criminals don't care how many bullets they have in the magazine.
- News media,,,no strike that, "entertainment industry media". There are few real reporters anymore. The current model is to beat a subject to death even when everyone knows it's BS and make yourself the news.
- Protests are fine if done civilly. Do not allow riots. If someone is burning a building or breaking windows in the interest of "social outrage", lock them up immediately.
- Incarcerate those who instigate violence and don't preach to me about 1st amendment rights; you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater.
- The media must STOP giving a podium to criminals, hate groups and morons.
God bless all law enforcement and their friends and families,